Our COVID-19 Policy
Family Dermatology's COVID-19 Response
Family Dermatology is committed to providing safe, high-quality, and individualized care that prioritizes not just your skin but your entire well-being. The current pandemic of Coronavirus (COVID-19) has permeated our daily lives and activities. Family Dermatology is taking precautionary measures to help prevent the spread of this new virus. We are closely monitoring the situation and adhering to all relevant CDC guidelines. Please read below to see what measures we are taking to safeguard your health and for suggestions on how you can best protect yourself, your family, and your local community.
Our protocols and procedures are intended to screen for healthy patients. Please do not defer your skin care (especially those with potentially cancerous conditions) out of fear for COVID-19. Our staff, physicians and medical providers are available during this uncertain time to take care of you.
What we are doing to protect you:
- All patients are asked if they have any symptoms associated with the Coronavirus infection, pertinent travel history, or contact with known infected persons.
- We ask that you come alone to your appointment unless an escort is necessary, and that you wash your hands or use hand sanitizer prior to entering our office.
- All patients and staff must wear a face covering that covers their mouth and nose at all times while in the office, and will have their temperature taken with a touchless thermometer.
- The office door will be open so you don't have to touch any door handles. Staff will open any necessary doors and handles will be cleaned regularly.
- If there is someone at the front desk we ask that you wait at least 6 feet away.
- Magazines and books have been removed from waiting room temporarily. Waiting room chairs have been arranged in a manner that is conducive to patients maintaining six feet of distance from others.
- A mask will be worn by your provider during every exam. The exam tables and chairs will be cleaned with hospital grade disinfectant before and after every patient
- As you exit your exam room, we ask that you wait at the door if there is already someone at the check-out desk.
Family Dermatology is committed to the health of our patients and staff during this unprecedented time. To review the full list of the safety precautions and measures we have implemented in response to COVID-19, ask a member of our team the next time you visit our office.